First Experiences at John Carroll

    My first few days at John Carroll have been a mix between nerve wracking and exciting. On orientation day, I was very excited to meet my teachers and get a feel for the school. Everything was calm and everyone was feeling the same amount of anxiety. I don't know a lot of people, so it was nice meeting and talking to different people from different schools. Walking into a classroom full of students and teachers was a bit overwhelming at first. I am so used to knowing almost everyone in my classes. On the first day, when I was walking in, it was a little scary seeing everyone including the upperclassmen there. After seeing this, it finally hit me that I was in high school. Going throughout my day, I figured out how much different high school is from middle school and that this was going to be a big adjustment. Also, while sitting in classes, I knew that the curriculum was going to be a lot more challenging and I would have to put forth a lot of effort. I am also trying to get the feel of when I should go to my locker and when I should plan ahead. This has also been overwhelming because in middle school, I had everything figured out. John Carroll has given me mixed emotions over the past couple of days, but I know that I will get into a routine and get used to everything very soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Constantine and Christianity

Questions

Non-Test Day